Isn’t it great to have a tool which helps you to save time and boost your productivity working with Google Forms? Everyone has work that must get done, and automate Approval Workflow helps reduce – or even eliminate – the time that needs to be spent on repetitive processes. This means everyday work gets done faster, and employees spend more time on their primary tasks. In enterprise organizations, this automation process saves money and thousands of hours every year.
Things you can do with Google Form Approval Workflow
Approval workflow is a valuable tool for any business but invaluable at a larger scale. Everyone has work that must get done, and approval workflow helps reduce – or even eliminate – the time that needs to be spent on repetitive processes. This means everyday work gets done faster, and employees spend more time on their primary tasks. In enterprise organizations, this automation process saves thousands of hours every year.
Let’s check out 5 incredible add-ons for Google Form Approval Workflow:
1, Form Approvals: Turn Google Form submissions into interactive workflows
Designed for use within organizations of all sizes to automate any process needing approval. Form Approvals provides you a friendly user interface and a variety of options:
- Create a form to capture information/data requiring approval;
- Assign approvers;
- Create multi-level workflow;
- Include routing conditions (e.g only send to an approver if a condition is met);
- Have requests sent to approvers automatically each time a form submission is made;
- Set up automatic reminders;
- Attachment documents to notifications; and
- Manage forms, track requests and view form submission data from one convenient portal.
- Friendly dashboard;
- Tracking link available;
- Auto translation from custom notification emails according to locale configuration in response sheet;
- Auto reminder to form respondents and recipients to respond to notification emails;
- Recipient Authentication (requires users to log in to give approval/rejection);
- Expensive (Users pays per each response, not per mail sent from the system);
- Not available to upgrade to higher quota limit when using it up. Users are required to use Form Approvals private system with higher cost.
- Free Plan starts from $0 per month, including 20 requests per month and limited options.
- Individual Plan starts from $9 per month for every 3 months or $6 per month for every 12 months, including 100 requests per month.
- Team Plan starts from $54 per month for every 3 months or $40 per month for every 12 months, including 1000 requests per month.
2, Form Publisher
Form Publisher is a document generator or document merge solution: generate PDF, Google Docs, Sheets, Slides, Microsoft Word, Excel, Powerpoint.
Form Publisher in Google Forms
- Create a document template (can be Google Docs, Sheets, or Slides), and add custom markers based on your form questions.
- Configure your document recipients to decide who will receive which documents, in which formats, with what permissions. Optionally, you can set up a Google Form approval workflow and a signature request.
- Generates documents from your Google Form responses, stores them in Google Drive, and sends them to recipients via email, for approval and/or for a signature.
Form Publisher in Google Sheets:
- Create a document template (can be Google Docs, Sheets, or Slides), and add custom markers based on your spreadsheet columns.
- Form Publisher generates documents from your Google Sheet data and stores them in Google Drive.
- Powerful in document generation or document merge.
- Work on both Google Form and Google Sheet.
- Available to customize template.
- Friendly interface, not take time to get used to the add-on.
- Not focus on automate Approval Workflow.
- Unavailable for multiple conditions.
- Difficult to create a complicated form as not many features are available.
- Inconsistency in having access to the template and form.
- Free Plan starts from $0 per year with 20 form submissions or spreadsheet rows per month.
- Individual Plan starts from $79 per year ($6.58 per month) with Unlimited form submissions or spreadsheet rows / month.
- Business Plan starts from $590 per year ($41.16 per month) with Unlimited form submissions or spreadsheet rows / month.
3, KiSSFLOW – Workflow for Google Apps
KiSSFLOW allows common users to implement BPM practices in their offices. The layout is intuitive and simple and there is no need for any technical background. As a Google Form Approval Workflow app, it connects all of your users around the world and also comes with a convenient mobile app for Android and iOS.
Users from companies of 10 to 5,000 use KiSSFLOW to automate: HR process, Employee Onboarding, Travel Reimbursement, Vendor Payment, Invoice approval, Timesheet approval and so on.
- User interface is clear and easy to use.
- Available for push notification.
- Able to create complicated flows.
- Highest cost than average of other add-on pricing.
- Not many default templates for document generation.
- Difficult to set up advanced behaviors (no interrupting timers, parallel routing, and joining,…)
- Unfriendly support;
- Create complicated flow, difficult to use.
- Basic Plan starts from $12/user/month or $10/user/month every 12 months
- Advanced starts from $18/user/month or $9.90/user/month every 12 months
- Fully Loaded $25/user/month or $19/user/month every 12 months
4, Form Workflow Plus
The application is useful no matter what type of user you are:
- Creators can manage workflows easily and see form details within the application or the spreadsheet.
- Reviewers can approve through one click within the email or in bulk through the approval dashboard.
- Requesters can see the forms they can use and a history of their activity.
- Allow recipients and respondents to install dashboard to track request status.
- Multiple roles can be assigned to users (User, Viewer, Admin, Creator).
- Set reminders for recipients.
- Multiple languages supported.
- Document generation mode is not available.
- Only 2-week trial.
- Standard Plan starts from $300/year ($25/month) with up to 1,000 requests/year (83 requests/month).
- Premium Plan starts from $990/year ($82.50/month) with up to 5,000 requests/year (416 requests/month)
5, PerformFlow – Form Publisher & Approval Workflow
With nearly one million downloads, Form Publisher & Approvals Flow – PerformFlow is a 2-in-1 add-on that let you automate approval workflow with any request (e.g. invoice request) despite working from home amidst COVID-19. Plus, publish Forms to PDF / Google Docs & send to others.
Boost your productivity at home by automating Google Form approval workflow:
- Set multi-level Google Form approvals workflow and let static & dynamic recipients approve anytime, anywhere.
- Save more time by giving approval with 1 click on form approvals email (auto-sent by the add-on as form publisher to email).
- Easily learn how to set form approval workflow with 4 pre-made question templates to approve. And set your own request like invoice, payment form approvals, registration, reservation…
- Stop relying on papers and instead track all form approvals requests (e.g. payment, reservation, registration, invoice) in a single spreadsheet & approval workflow emails.
- Add Form Respondent to get result email when form approval workflow ends or being asked to edit answers.
- Set conditions to each recipient in your form publisher/Google form approval workflow so that they can only receive generated documents / PDF files/give approval when specified conditions are met.
- Customize email templates with just few minutes.
Google Forms Approval Workflow cases:
- HR: vacation / leave request (paid time off request – PTO), shift change request, member registration,…
- Operation – Administration: payment request, facility access request, purchase request, expense request, reservation…
- Sales: invoice approval workflow, discount approval workflow,…
- School requests: field trip request, tutor request, rubrics…
Generate PDF/Document online by using PerformFlow as form publisher:
- Use document generator (or Google Form to pdf generator) witrh Google Docs template to convert Google Form to pdf.
- Safely send generated PDF / Document automatically to your team (recipients) via email.
Become most productive at remote work by automating the approval workflow & generating google forms to pdf at the same time!
- Use “Combine All Modes” to both generate PDF & send document (as form publisher) AND create approval workflow!
- Generate PDF (as form publisher) immediately when someone submits a request.
- Recipients get form approval decisions & receive documents via form publisher feature in one email.
- Effectively working on both Approval Workflow and document generation, and able to combine these 2 modes.
- Available to customize Email subject – Email body.
- Friendly user interface and dashboard.
- Multiple languages in email templates.
- Good customer service.
- Reasonable price (notification emails sent from user account, when users use up the quota limit, emails will be sent continuously from PerformFlow system), based on numbers of recipients rather than responses.
- Discount for huge quota amount users.
- Not available to set reminder for recipients.
- Tracking link is not supported.
- Not many features available in dashboard.
- Free Installation
- Free Plan: $0 with 100 emails/month (approximately 25 requests per month).
- Individual: $5/month for every 12 months or $7/month for every 3 months including 1000 emails/months (approximately 250 requests).
- Team Plan: $25/month for every 12 months or $35/month for every 3 month including 5000 emails/months (approximately 1250 requests).
This topic has provided you with the top 5 amazing tools for Google Form Approval Workflow, thus helping you to easily pick up an add-on which suits your needs. Try PerformFlow for free and see how workflow automation can help you!