The first time you install PerformFlow, Google shows an authorization dialog requesting access to certain services in your Google account. This article explains what and why permissions are needed to use PerformFlow.
- Which authorization scopes needed for PerformFlow?
- Why does PerformFlow need those permissions?
- Review of permissions
- How safe is your data?
- Granting explicit access to your files/folders to the PerformFlow Support team
Which authorization scopes needed for PerformFlow?
When you install PerformFlow for the first time, you are prompted with a authorization dialog by Google with the list of permissions you need to grant for the add-on to access applicable data and act on your behalf. Below is the complete list of permissions, as shown in the authorization dialog of PerformFlow, along with the detailed explanation of what each permission mean and why are they required.
Authorization scopes & Explanations:
- See, edit, create and delete all of your Google Drive files:
This scope is required for accessing the full contents of your Drive folders, only to allow actions to be performed on your behalf. In no case the textual content of your files be used for any other purposes or shared with any third-party services.
- See, edit, create and delete your spreadsheets in Google Drive:
This scope is required for PerformFlow to merge the form submission data as Google Spreadsheets.
- View and manage your forms in Google Drive:
This scope is required to access your form for which you had setup PerformFlow for to use its settings, the configurations and the contents to offer the workflow capabilities.
- Connect to an external service:
This scope is required to send/retrieve information from Firebase, a real-time database from Google, which is used by PerformFlow to store some of your basic user profile information and information on your PerformFlow usage.
- Send email as you:
This scope is required for PerformFlow to act on your behalf by sending sending approval notification emails to your specified recipients.
- Allow this application to run when you are not present:
This scope is required for PerformFlow to send approval notification emails whenever there is a form submission, even when your PC is switched off.
- Display and run third-party web content in prompts and sidebars inside Google applications:
This authorization is required for PerformFlow to work within a sidebar inside Google Forms, where you can add recipients and configure your approval workflow.