In this article, you will learn how PerformFlow sends the approval notification emails to the appropriate recipients configured during the setup, in a workflow process.
- How are your approval notification emails sent?
- When are the approval notifications sent?
- From and to whom are these emails sent?
How are your approval notification emails sent?
1. If you are Free user:
By way of the permissions you granted for PerformFlow during installation, PerformFlow uses Gmail API to access your Gmail box and send the notification emails from there, on your behalf.
Because Gmail is also used by many other tools, the email quota for Free plan is limited to 500 emails/month.
The article ‘How PerformFlow sends email notifications?‘ explains how PerformFlow instructs the Gmail API to send these notifications on its behalf. It also details how Gmail API handles it to deliver those emails to the designated email addresses.
2. If you are Paid user:
Similar to Free plan, PerformFlow still use Gmail API to access your Gmail box and send the notification emails from there, on your behalf.
In addition, PerformFlow will also use an additional email server, allowing Paid user to send unlimited number of emails per month.
When are the approval notifications sent?
Upon Google Form submission, PerformFlow will send notification email to the recipient(s) specified by you.
1. Beginning of the approval process
When the approval process starts, email notifications are sent to the assigned recipient(s), asking for the approval.
The notification email contains:
- A summary of the respondent’s request.
- ‘One-click Approve’ & ‘One-click Reject’ button: allowing you to approve/reject immediately. The process will then continue to the next recipient, or, finish the process depending on your workflow settings.
- ‘Approve/Reject & Comment’ button: clicking here will open PerformFlow website where you can approve/reject and also give comment to this request. After your approval, the process will continue to the next recipient, or, finish the process depending on your workflow settings.
2. During the approval process
During the approval process, the recipient can approve, reject or ask for more information on the request (if the form is configured for accepting ‘Edit after Submit’).
At the end of the process, a final email will be sent to the recipients and the respondents, notifying the final status and comments of the request.
These alert email are automatically sent to the right parties based on the configuration of PerformFlow and Google Forms. These alerts cannot be customized.
From and to whom are these emails sent?
We send these notification emails from your Google account (if you are the owner of the Google Form) to recipients who you added in ‘Approval Workflow’ menu from PerformFlow.