How to send PDF/document to recipients
Understand how to send generated PDF file & Google document to your recipients.
For starters, you will need to change mode to “Generate & Send PDF/document only” if you haven’t.
In this mode, you can set-up document/PDF generation and then, add recipients to send them generated files.
1. Send PDF/document to static recipients
For the purpose of this guide, we will suppose that you already know how to set-up file template via Document & PDF tab (it is similar to “Generate PDF/document only” mode).
Supposed that you have finished setting up & adding file template to the add-on, you can go to “Recipients” tab by selecting Recipients tab on top the Configuration menu:
You can also scroll down to the bottom of the menu and click “Switch to Recipients“:
On the “Recipients” tab, click on “Add static recipient” to add a static recipient field on the add-on. It will create a field above the button where you can enter a specific email address:
After that, click on the drop-down below the field to select which file types your recipient can receive, including:
- Receive PDF: meaning this recipient will receive the generated PDF only.
- Can view document: meaning this recipient will receive the generated Google Doc only.
- Can edit document: meaning this recipient will receive the generated Google Doc and be able to edit this document directly.
- Can comment document: meaning this recipient will receive the generated Google Doc and be able to comment on this document.
2. Send PDF/document to dynamic recipients
First, it is highly recommended to create a question in which your respondent can enter email address (or select an email address if it is multiple-choice question).
This question should be set as *Required and it has Response validation as Text and Email address:
Next, click on the “Add dynamic recipient” button on the add-on:
Similar to adding static recipient, a dynamic field will appear above the buttons where you can select the question (which asks respondent to enter/select an email address). In the example above, we have a question called “Your Supervisor“.
Finally, select which file type this dynamic recipient can receive by choosing an option for the drop-down below the field. These options are similar to static recipient section:
Finally, click “Save“.