Email Settings & Features:
Understand how to send generated PDF & Google Docs files to your respondents.
In Generate & send document/PDF or Combine all modes, go to the Recipients tab, then Form Respondent section. Click on the Create Form Respondent button:
It will automatically create a new question called Respondent’s Email Address and a new dynamic field under the Form Respondent section.
Next, select Respondent’s Email Address for this dynamic field:
You can also edit this auto-created question to something else (e.g., “Your Email”), but remember to click Refresh so that the add-on will update the question:
After that, select the question again for the respondent’s dynamic field:
Then, select a generation role for the respondent in the drop-down list below the field:
There are five generation roles available:
- Receive PDF: The respondent will receive only the generated PDF.
- Can view document: The respondent will receive only the generated Google Docs file.
- Can edit document: This respondent will receive the generated Google Docs file and be able to edit it.
- Can comment document: This respondent will receive the generated Google Docs file and be able to comment on it.
- None: The respondent will not receive the generated file.
Finally, click Save, and your respondents will receive a generated file when they submit responses to your Google Forms.